List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:May 25 2011 8:53am
Subject:Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1
View as plain text
Am 25.05.2011 10:35, schrieb Brent Clark:
> Hiya
>
> I think I read somewhere that Mysql 5.5 is defaulting on Innodb as its default
> storage engine.
>
> The question I would like to ask is. For those still running Mysql 5.0 / 5.1. Have
> any of you set the mysql default
> variable to be / use Innodb?

depends on the use

for dedicated dbmail-instaces, yes because there is only InnoDB/UTF8 used

on all other machines independent of the mysql-version like below and i
am happy that i never use default-configs because the change in 5.5
would kill the mysqld if you disabeld innodb-storage-engine :-)

character-set-server   = latin1
collation-server       = latin1_german1_ci
default-storage-engine = myisam
__________________

summary:

if there is no good reason i will never enable innodb because
MyISAM is enough for most web-apps and "dirty things" like
stop the server and restore a database from a backup with
rsync the folder can not be done with InnoDB

Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Brent Clark25 May
  • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Rik Wasmus25 May
  • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Reindl Harald25 May
    • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1hsv25 May
      • Re: Innodb as its default storage engine for Mysql 5.0 / 5.1Prabhat Kumar26 May