List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Sklar Date:April 22 1999 2:43pm
Subject:Re: Ballpark performance.
View as plain text
Brian,

This answer is as admittedly rough as your question admittedly is, but
dual-proc Pentium II with 512M ram should be able to handle that query mix a
few hundred times a second, no problem.

One of my 2xP-II w/512M db server (running linux) is currently:

Server version          3.22.14-gamma
Uptime:                 84 days 2 hours 23 min 59 sec
Threads: 48  Questions: 374063741  Slow queries: 19559  Opens: 123984  Flush
tables: 10  Open tables: 341

Before I upgraded the MySQL version, it was up for the previous 60 days (and
200 million queries) without a sweat.

The stats above average out to about 50 queries a second. The server peaks at
about 400 queries per second, but that's limited by website traffic, not by
server capacity. At that point the load average is around 1.

The query mix is probably similar to yours, but with more updates and inserts
and deletes.

-dave