List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:May 24 2011 8:41pm
Subject:RE: Renaming a database?
View as plain text

I know. Retarded right? Version 5.1.x and still what would seem the most basic of tasks is
still impossible.

Maybe Oracle can fix what MontyAB and Sun couldn't... that feature alone would be well
worth the $5.6 Billion dollars spent.

I just had a need to do this last week and was astonished to find it's still not
implemented after all these... well ever! I unfortunately had to dump the database to a
.sql file, edit said file, re-dump in, then dump in the new database, then run a SQL diff
tool to find out what schemata and data was different. The whole process delayed me a few
hours that I didn't budget for. Talk about a hindrance.

-----

And before anyone gets all upset with my use of the word "Retarded"...
Read this: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/rename-database.html

And then the definition:

re•tard•ed

–verb (used with object)
1. to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder
or impede.

–verb (used without object)
2. to be delayed.

Thread
Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Andrew Moore24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Daevid Vincent24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Johan De Meersman24 May