List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:May 24 2011 8:16pm
Subject:RE: Renaming a database?
View as plain text

From: Andrew Moore [mailto:eroomydna@stripped]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:56 PM
To: Jerry Schwartz
Cc: mysql@stripped

Could you try restoring the other db with another name and changing the connection string
in the app?

[JS] I could, but it would be a nuisance. The app is MS Access, so there isn’t just
one string to change.

Fortunately my database only takes about 30 minutes to load, so this wasn’t a huge
problem. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.

Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

E-mail: jerry@stripped

Web site: www.the-infoshop.com <http://www.the-infoshop.com/>

On 24 May 2011 16:20, "Jerry Schwartz" <jerry@stripped> wrote:
> It looks like there’s no way to rename a database. Is that true?
>

> I have two reasons for wanting to do this:
>

> - I want to get a current version of a database out of the way so that I can load in
> an older version, without having to pay the penalty of reloading the current version.
>
> - I think I have a database that isn’t being used (don’t ask), and I want
> to hide it to see if anything blows up.
>

> Suggestions?
>

> Regards,
>

> Jerry Schwartz
>
> Global Information Incorporated
>
> 195 Farmington Ave.
>
> Farmington, CT 06032
>

> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>
> E-mail: <mailto:jerry@stripped> jerry@stripped
>
> Web site: <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Andrew Moore24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Daevid Vincent24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Johan De Meersman24 May