List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Moore Date:May 24 2011 6:55pm
Subject:Re: Renaming a database?
View as plain text
Could you try restoring the other db with another name and changing the
connection string in the app?
On 24 May 2011 16:20, "Jerry Schwartz" <jerry@stripped> wrote:
> It looks like there’s no way to rename a database. Is that true?
>

> I have two reasons for wanting to do this:
>

> - I want to get a current version of a database out of the way so that I
can load in an older version, without having to pay the penalty of reloading
the current version.

> - I think I have a database that isn’t being used (don’t ask), and I
> want
to hide it to see if anything blows up.

> Suggestions?
>

> Regards,
>

> Jerry Schwartz
>
> Global Information Incorporated
>
> 195 Farmington Ave.
>
> Farmington, CT 06032
>

> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>
> E-mail: <mailto:jerry@stripped> jerry@stripped
>
> Web site: <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Andrew Moore24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Daevid Vincent24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Johan De Meersman24 May