List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:May 24 2011 6:40pm
Subject:RE: Renaming a database?
View as plain text

[JS] That's a good suggestion. It takes care of one case, but not the other.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com

>Andy
>
>On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Jerry Schwartz <jerry@stripped> wrote:
>
>> It looks like there's no way to rename a database. Is that true?
>>

>> I have two reasons for wanting to do this:
>>

>> - I want to get a current version of a database out of the way so that I
>> can load in an older version, without having to pay the penalty of
>> reloading
>> the current version.
>>
>> - I think I have a database that isn't being used (don't ask), and I want
>> to hide it to see if anything blows up.
>>

>> Suggestions?
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>> Jerry Schwartz
>>
>> Global Information Incorporated
>>
>> 195 Farmington Ave.
>>
>> Farmington, CT 06032
>>

>> 860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
>>
>> E-mail:  <mailto:jerry@stripped> jerry@stripped
>>
>> Web site:  <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Andrew Moore24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Daevid Vincent24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Johan De Meersman24 May