List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:May 24 2011 3:19pm
Subject:Renaming a database?
View as plain text
It looks like there’s no way to rename a database. Is that true?

I have two reasons for wanting to do this:

- I want to get a current version of a database out of the way so that I can load in an
older version, without having to pay the penalty of reloading the current version.

- I think I have a database that isn’t being used (don’t ask), and I want to
hide it to see if anything blows up.

Suggestions?

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.

Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

E-mail:  <mailto:jerry@stripped> jerry@stripped

Web site:  <http://www.the-infoshop.com/> www.the-infoshop.com

Thread
Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Andrew Moore24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Jerry Schwartz24 May
    • RE: Renaming a database?Daevid Vincent24 May
  • Re: Renaming a database?Johan De Meersman24 May