List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 20 2011 8:06pm
Subject:Re: Changing the default database location
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl@stripped>
>
> so put the wgole mysqld and its data on a server in the network
> for this mysql was built and not for borking the dadadir somewhere
> else

Hmm. The way I interpret what he's saying, is that he wants multiple instances accessing
the same datafiles. If that's the case, Firdosh, don't - MySQL is not made for concurrent
access to the same datafiles. If multiple people/applications need access to the same
data, let them connect to the same server. If that's not an option, you're going to have
to look at replication.

I repeat, there is no setup possible where it is safe to have multiple instances of mysqld
access the same datafiles.

If you do, the first thing you'll notice is that one instance doesn't see the other
instance's update. The second thing you'll notice, is that your data files will be FUBAR.
Fucked Up Beyond Any Recognition. Not kidding, here.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
        • Re: Changing the default database locationReindl Harald20 May
          • Re: Changing the default database locationJohan De Meersman20 May
            • Re: Changing the default database locationPrabhat Kumar26 May
              • Re: Changing the default database locationReindl Harald26 May