List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 20 2011 1:45pm
Subject:Re: Changing the default database location
View as plain text

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Reindl Harald" <h.reindl@stripped>
>
> first: please post log-outputs instead of "don't work"
>
> i guess: you changed only the path in my.cnf
> have you oved th existing datadir to the new location?
> if not the server will not start because it is missing
> the database "mysql" with permissions, users... and will
> say this in the error-log

That's pretty much the most likely explanation, yes.

On another note, be aware that putting the data files on a network drive is generally
considered a bad idea, as because a) performance is going to suffer, and b) if the
network borks the daemon is going to get a bit confused (read: you will lose data).

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
        • Re: Changing the default database locationReindl Harald20 May
          • Re: Changing the default database locationJohan De Meersman20 May
            • Re: Changing the default database locationPrabhat Kumar26 May
              • Re: Changing the default database locationReindl Harald26 May