List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:May 20 2011 1:13pm
Subject:Re: Changing the default database location
View as plain text

Am 20.05.2011 15:05, schrieb Firdosh Dhooka:
> I wanted to install mysql community server and workbench on my machine.
> So I downloaded and installed it and everything seems working fine.
>
> But now I wanted to change the location of datadir from local to my
> network. So I stop the server first using workbench and then change the
> datadir under Options File in workbench. Then I am trying to restart the
> server, it won't.
>
> Can anyone assist me with the installation?

first: please post log-outputs instead of "don't work"

i guess: you changed only the path in my.cnf
have you oved th existing datadir to the new location?
if not the server will not start because it is missing
the database "mysql" with permissions, users... and will
say this in the error-log

Changing the default database locationFirdosh Dhooka20 May
  • Re: Changing the default database locationReindl Harald20 May
    • Re: Changing the default database locationJohan De Meersman20 May
      • Re: Changing the default database locationFirdosh Dhooka20 May
        • Re: Changing the default database locationReindl Harald20 May
          • Re: Changing the default database locationJohan De Meersman20 May
            • Re: Changing the default database locationPrabhat Kumar26 May
              • Re: Changing the default database locationReindl Harald26 May