List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 19 2011 10:54am
Subject:Re: Interesting bug/oversight
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----

> From: "Claudio Nanni" <claudio.nanni@stripped>

> Consider also the DNS TTL.
That should be irrelevant when changing DNS servers :-)

> If you flush hosts in MySQL it'll ask again the OS to resolve a name
> , but if that is still in the DNS cache it could return that 'old'
> value instead of querying the newly updated NS.
I know, but it's another DNS server so not applicable. Also, I did verify on the
commandline :-)

> I'm not sure thou, may be test by restarting the name server cache
> deamon /etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart
Not running local caching. The host only runs MySQL which has it's own cache, so that
would be a useless layer.

Nice try :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Interesting bug/oversightJohan De Meersman19 May
  • Re: Interesting bug/oversightClaudio Nanni19 May
    • Re: Interesting bug/oversightJohan De Meersman19 May
  • Re: Interesting bug/oversightDan Nelson19 May
    • Re: Interesting bug/oversightJohan De Meersman19 May