List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:May 19 2011 10:04am
Subject:Interesting bug/oversight
View as plain text
Just encountered an interesting issue.

I use DNS names instead of IPs in mysql grants. Yes, I'm aware of the performance impact,
that's not an issue.

I just found out through failing logins that a server was still connecting to an old DNS
server, and properly updated the resolv.conf. Commandline host lookups then returned
correct results.

However, even after repeated flush hosts commands, the MySQL kept returning wrong results.
Only after a full restart did it pick itself up and start doing proper lookups. I strongly
suspect that this is due to it internally caching the nameserver, too, and not refreshing
that along with the host cache on a flush hosts command.

Can anyone confirm this is the case, and wether or not a bug has been logged about it? I
can't seem to find one.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Interesting bug/oversightJohan De Meersman19 May
  • Re: Interesting bug/oversightClaudio Nanni19 May
    • Re: Interesting bug/oversightJohan De Meersman19 May
  • Re: Interesting bug/oversightDan Nelson19 May
    • Re: Interesting bug/oversightJohan De Meersman19 May