List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:May 19 2011 4:23am
Subject:Re: Restore only one database or one table
View as plain text
I take a complete backup through mysqldump command.
It includes MyISAM & Innodb tables both.

But now i am thinking to take backup in compressed format.

Thanks

Suresh Kuna wrote:
> It really depends on What kind of backup you performed a month ago rather
> than the type of tables at the moment...
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> wrote:
>

>> What tables types are you using?  If MyISAM, this can be done easily.
>> If InnoDB it will depend on your settings (file-per-table)
>>
>>  - michael dykman
>>
>> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Adarsh Sharma <adarsh.sharma@stripped>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I read all the different ways to backp and restore data in mysql.
>>> Say, i perform a complete backup of all databases 1 month ago
>>>
>>> Now, is it possible to restore only a single database from a complete
>>>
>> backup
>>
>>> file of 250 GB that contains backup of more than 50 databases.
>>>
>>> Or if we want to restore only selected tables in a database.
>>>
>>> How to do this ?
>>>
>>> Is it possible or not.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>>  - michael dykman
>>  - mdykman@stripped
>>
>>  May the Source be with you.
>>
>> --

Restore only one database or one tableAdarsh Sharma19 May
  • Re: Restore only one database or one tableMichael Dykman19 May
    • Re: Restore only one database or one tableSuresh Kuna19 May
      • Re: Restore only one database or one tableAdarsh Sharma19 May
        • Re: Restore only one database or one tableSuresh Kuna19 May
          • Re: Restore only one database or one tableJohan De Meersman19 May
            • Re: Restore only one database or one tableAdarsh Sharma19 May
              • Re: Restore only one database or one tableEric Bergen19 May
                • Re: Restore only one database or one tablePrabhat Kumar19 May
            • Re: Restore only one database or one tablehsv20 May