List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Larry Martell Date:May 13 2011 3:35pm
Subject:Re: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?
View as plain text
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Tina Matter <tinab@stripped> wrote:
> I have a MySQL question that I'm hoping someone can help answer.
>
> We have a linux machine which has MySQL 5.5.8 installed.
> It is currently installed in this location:    /opt/mysql
>
> When creating a new database, a folder (with the name of the databas) gets
> created in this location:
> /opt/mysql/data
>
> Is there any way to change the location of where data is stored?
> The database that I need to create is going to have over a billion records
> in it,
> so it needs to be in a specific place.
>
> I want the database folder to get created here:
>
> /science/databases/databasename

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mysql+location+of+database+files
Thread
URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Tina Matter13 May
  • RE: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files getwritten?David Brian Chait13 May
  • Re: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Wm Mussatto13 May
  • Re: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Larry Martell13 May
  • Re: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Andrew Moore13 May