List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tina Matter Date:May 13 2011 3:21pm
Subject:URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?
View as plain text
I have a MySQL question that I'm hoping someone can help answer.

We have a linux machine which has MySQL 5.5.8 installed.
It is currently installed in this location:    /opt/mysql

When creating a new database, a folder (with the name of the databas)
gets created in this location:
/opt/mysql/data

Is there any way to change the location of where data is stored?
The database that I need to create is going to have over a billion
records in it,
so it needs to be in a specific place.

I want the database folder to get created here:

/science/databases/databasename

Thanks for any help.
Tina

--
Tina Matter
Web Applications Developer

Thread
URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Tina Matter13 May
  • RE: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files getwritten?David Brian Chait13 May
  • Re: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Wm Mussatto13 May
  • Re: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Larry Martell13 May
  • Re: URGENT: Change Default Location of where Database Files get written?Andrew Moore13 May