List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin B. Jespersen Date:April 22 1999 1:43pm
Subject:Indexes, and how they work
View as plain text
Hi there,

I am in the middle of my first large project using MySQL, and i was wondering exactly how
indexes work with this DB.

I have earlier used informix for workgroups and with that DB i had to set up a cronjob to
update the indexes.
Do i have to do the same with mysql, and if so, then what would the syntax be (i can't
seem to find it in the manual).
If MySQL autoupdates the indexes, is there then somewhere to set a parameter or even a few
that decides under which conditions it
should be done, like interval/load/etc.

thanks in a advance.

--
Martin B. Jespersen
Technical Project Leader

E-Mail: Martin@stripped
Mail:   Havnegade 39, DK-1058 Copenhagen K
Voice:  (+45) 7023-1001
Fax:    (+45) 33320209
Thread
Indexes, and how they workMartin B. Jespersen22 Apr
  • Indexes, and how they workMichael Widenius25 Apr