List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:May 12 2011 6:38pm
Subject:RE: problem
View as plain text
The server will disconnect idle connections after a while.  The wait_timeout variable
controls how many seconds it will wait.  You can set it for your connection when you
connect by issuing a query like:

SET SESSION wait_timeout=NNN;

Just give it a large enough value.

But also, since your program is going to be running continuously, there are many other
reasons it could lose the connection.  Your program should detect the error, and attempt
to re-connect.

Regards,
Gavin Towey