List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dhaval Jaiswal Date:May 12 2011 7:06am
Subject:DBCP error
View as plain text
I have seen the best practices for the connection pooling as below.

Connection conn = null;
  Statement stmt = null;  // Or PreparedStatement if needed
  ResultSet rs = null;
  try {
    conn = ... get connection from connection pool ...
    stmt = conn.createStatement("select ...");
    rs = stmt.executeQuery();
    ... iterate through the result set ...
    rs.close();
    rs = null;
    stmt.close();
    stmt = null;
    conn.close(); // Return to connection pool
    conn = null;  // Make sure we don't close it twice
  } catch (SQLException e) {
    ... deal with errors ...
  } *finally {*    // Always make sure result sets and statements are closed,
    // and the connection is returned to the pool
    if (rs != null) {
      try { rs.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { ; }
      rs = null;
    }
    if (stmt != null) {
      try { stmt.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { ; }
      stmt = null;
    }
    if (conn != null) {
      try { conn.close(); } catch (SQLException e) { ; }
      conn = null;
    }
  }

However, we are closing the connection only in *finally* block not before
that. Is that the reason to throw the DBCP errors?

Dhaval

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Dhaval Jaiswal <dhaval.jaiswal@stripped>wrote:

> Yeah, we have some of the SQL statements which are running more than 1
> minutes. However, for small queries it's also throwing errors DBCP.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Dhaval
>

> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@stripped> wrote:
>
>>  Id the execution delivers results in under a minute then adhere to Mr
>> Woods advice
>> If over a minute the other consideration is you might have a terribly
>> long-executing SQL statement that needs to be tuned.
>>
>> if you can display your SQL statement and the relevant schemata we could
>> suggest more expeditious means to acquire your data
>>
>> Martin
>> Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung/Note de déni et de
> confidentialité
>>
>> Diese Nachricht ist vertraulich. Sollten Sie nicht der vorgesehene
>> Empfaenger sein, so bitten wir hoeflich um eine Mitteilung. Jede unbefugte
>> Weiterleitung oder Fertigung einer Kopie ist unzulaessig. Diese Nachricht
>> dient lediglich dem Austausch von Informationen und entfaltet keine
>> rechtliche Bindungswirkung. Aufgrund der leichten Manipulierbarkeit von
>> E-Mails koennen wir keine Haftung fuer den Inhalt uebernehmen.
>>
>> Ce message est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. Si vous
> n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, nous te demandons avec bonté que
> pour satisfaire informez l'expéditeur. N'importe quelle diffusion non
> autorisée ou la copie de ceci est interdite. Ce message sert à l'information
> seulement et n'aura pas n'importe quel effet légalement obligatoire. Étant
> donné que les email peuvent facilement être sujets à la manipulation,
> nous ne pouvons accepter aucune responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.
>>

>> > Subject: Re: Fwd: DBCP error
>> > From: nwood@stripped
>> > To: dhaval.jaiswal@stripped
>> > CC: mysql@stripped; shrinivas.devarkonda@stripped
>> > Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:35:30 +0100

>> > I'd suggest you look at server side timeout and maximum connection
>> > settings in
>> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/server-system-variables.html I'd
>> > suspect wait_timeout is the setting you're interested in. You might also
>> > want to check the maximum TCP session/idle timeouts on firewalls,
>> > routers and other network devices between the failing system and its
>> > MySQL server.
>> >
>> > Hope that helps,
>> > Nigel
>> >

>> > --

> Regards,
> Dhaval Jaiswal

Dhaval Jaiswal

Thread
Segmentation fault on a RAQ2 sysDaV3|D3)4 Aug
  • Segmentation fault on a RAQ2 syssinisa4 Aug
  • Fwd: DBCP errorDhaval Jaiswal6 May
    • Re: Fwd: DBCP errorNigel Wood6 May
      • Re: Fwd: DBCP errorDhaval Jaiswal11 May
    • RE: DBCP errorMartin Gainty6 May
      • Re: DBCP errorDhaval Jaiswal1 Jun
Re: DBCP errorDhaval Jaiswal11 May
  • DBCP errorDhaval Jaiswal12 May