List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dotan Cohen Date:May 10 2011 7:55pm
Subject:MySQL Backup solution for non-technical user
View as plain text
Is there a simple browser-based MySQL backup solution for
non-technical users. The server is running Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
The main features needed are:
1) Automatic scheduled off-site backups (via SSH or FTP)
2) Backup multiple databases and all their tables
3) Single-table recovery via GUI (the user simply chooses which
database and which table to recover)
4) FOSS-license a big plus, but other licenses considered

I have ruled out cron/mysqldump for the GUI (browser-based) recovery
requirement.I found phpMyBackupPro which looks like a possible
solution, and I'd really appreciate other MySQL users' input on the
topic.

Thank you!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com
Thread
MySQL Backup solution for non-technical userDotan Cohen10 May
  • Re: MySQL Backup solution for non-technical userMichael Heaney10 May
    • Re: MySQL Backup solution for non-technical userJohan De Meersman11 May
      • Re: MySQL Backup solution for non-technical userDotan Cohen12 May
  • Re: MySQL Backup solution for non-technical userJoerg Bruehe13 May
    • Re: MySQL Backup solution for non-technical userDotan Cohen13 May