List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gergely Buday Date:May 6 2011 1:06pm
Subject:non-interactive installation of mysql
View as plain text
Hi there,

this might be not mysql question in the narrow sense but I hope
somebody will be able to help me: I'm trying to install mysql-server
non-interactively on a ubuntu box:

remote 'echo mysql-server-5.1 mysql-server/root_password password "" |
sudo debconf-set-selections'
remote 'echo mysql-server-5.1 mysql-server/root_password_again
password "" | sudo debconf-set-selections'
remote sudo apt-get install -y mysql-server

where remote is a shorthand for ssh and some server address. In spite
of feeding that two parameters to debconf-set-selections, apt-get asks
for the root password interactively. How can I avoid that?

- Gergely
Thread
non-interactive installation of mysqlGergely Buday6 May