List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(Hal Date:May 4 2011 8:43pm
Subject:Re: RV: independent tables
View as plain text
I suppose my solution is an Join, but they have no intersection
<<<<<<<<
Really?

Your examples are very much like a simple join, a special case of

... client OUTER JOIN user ON clientCodeDrivingLicense = userCodeDrivingLicense

What is wrong with that? (although actually MySQL does not do full outer joining. It is
needful to get that through a union of left join and right join, care taken that the
inner join in only one of them appear.)

Actually, your tables "client" and "user" look like the same table with field names
changed, no other difference. Field names have nothing to do with intersection.

Thread
RV: independent tablesRocio Gomez Escribano4 May
  • Re: RV: independent tableshsv5 May
    • RE: RV: independent tablesRocio Gomez Escribano6 May
      • RE: RV: independent tablesNigel Wood6 May
      • RE: RV: independent tableshsv7 May
Re: RV: independent tablesPhil6 May