List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andre Polykanine Date:April 25 2011 2:42pm
Subject:LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?
View as plain text
Hello everyone,
Sorry for my beginner question. Actually I have been using MySql for a
long  time  but  I  just  start  using some advanced things (earlier I
accomplished  those  tasks  with  PHP),  so  I  will  be asking stupid
questions, please bear with me.
Here is the first one.
We have two queries:
SELECT `blogs`.* FROM     `Blogs`     LEFT     JOIN     `Users`     ON
`Blogs`.`UserId`=`Users`.`Id`;
and the following one:
SELECT       `Blogs`.*      FROM      `Blogs`,      `Users`      WHERE
`Blogs`.`UserId`=`Users`.`Id`;

1. Are they identical?
2.  Which is better (faster, more optimal, more kosher, I mean, better
style...)?
Thanks!

--
With best regards from Ukraine,
Andre

Thread
LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?Andre Polykanine25 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?Mitchell Maltenfort25 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?joao25 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?Johnny Withers25 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?Joerg Bruehe25 Apr
  • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?,etc.hsv26 Apr
    • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?, etc.Suresh Kuna26 Apr
    • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?, etc.Andre Polykanine26 Apr
      • Re: LEFT JOIN and WHERE: identical or not and what is better?,etc.hsv27 Apr