List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:April 25 2011 2:32pm
Subject:RE: mysql deal with specail character problem
View as plain text
From: 赵琦 [mailto:tyzhaoqi@stripped]
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:19 PM
To: Jerry Schwartz
Cc: Johan De Meersman; sstaples@stripped; mysql

thanks for reply!

The charater set is latin1,and the key field is mangled by the email client.

[JS When you say that the character set is latin1, do you mean that the database is using
latin1? That would definitely cause your problem, because the data would be truncated at
the first character that isn’t latin1.

Here’s a simple experiment: Add one row to your table, and then SELECT LENGTH() of
your field. What comes back?

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.

Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341

E-mail: jerry@stripped

Web site: www.the-infoshop.com <http://www.the-infoshop.com/>

I up load the actual character of  '?????' to the attachment.

2011/4/22 Jerry Schwartz <jerry@stripped>

> [...]

[JS] That's because his font (or e-mail client) mangled the text, and so his
reply wasn't legible.

Our main office is in Japan, so I go through this all the time.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.
Farmington, CT 06032

860.674.8796 / FAX: 860.674.8341
E-mail: jerry@stripped
Web site: www.the-infoshop.com <http://www.the-infoshop.com/>

>--

>Bier met grenadyn
>Is als mosterd by den wyn
>Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
mysql deal with specail character problem赵琦21 Apr
  • Re: mysql deal with specail character problemJohan De Meersman21 Apr
  • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemJerry Schwartz21 Apr
    • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemMartin Gainty21 Apr
    • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemSteve Staples21 Apr
      • Re: mysql deal with specail character problemJohan De Meersman21 Apr
        • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemJerry Schwartz21 Apr
          • Re: mysql deal with specail character problem赵琦22 Apr
            • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemJerry Schwartz25 Apr