List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Schwartz Date:April 21 2011 1:35pm
Subject:RE: mysql deal with specail character problem
View as plain text

[JS] What is the character set and collation for that field? Please post the
output of

SHOW CREATE TABLE x\G

(Please use the \G, so that the output will fit in your message better.)

There is something wrong with the way your data is going in, because the
commas are not being seen properly. You are putting in

'?????',1,1

but MySQL is showing

'?????-1-1'

in the error message! That is a clue.

I have put plenty of Japanese and Chinese characters into my database, so
don't give up hope.

>Thanks

Thread
mysql deal with specail character problem赵琦21 Apr
  • Re: mysql deal with specail character problemJohan De Meersman21 Apr
  • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemJerry Schwartz21 Apr
    • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemMartin Gainty21 Apr
    • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemSteve Staples21 Apr
      • Re: mysql deal with specail character problemJohan De Meersman21 Apr
        • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemJerry Schwartz21 Apr
          • Re: mysql deal with specail character problem赵琦22 Apr
            • RE: mysql deal with specail character problemJerry Schwartz25 Apr