List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:April 14 2011 9:59am
Subject:Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5
View as plain text

http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/gettingstarted/mysql.html

> Maybe there's just that much clients instead of a central service

Maybe the OP could clarify what he really does

> Maybe there's not just a single application that uses that database.

http://sqlrelay.sourceforge.net/sqlrelay/gettingstarted/mysql.html

> As usual, Harald, you fail to realise that your experience does not encompass the
> whole of human civilisation.

as usual people have questions without any information what they really do

> You seem to have a good technical background, but it might be useful to learn to
> consider problems from the point of view of the people who have them, at times.
> It tends to be a much appreciated skill in the real world.

this is your point of view, ok

my point of view is instead having headaches about how many connections are
possible without problems to consider how many connections are really
needed and without "my.cnf" (buffer settings), any information about the
workload of the applications the whole question does not make sense

Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Jeff Lee13 Apr
  • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Reindl Harald13 Apr
    • RE: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Martin Gainty14 Apr
    • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Johan De Meersman14 Apr
      • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Reindl Harald14 Apr
        • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Zhu Chao26 Apr