List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Reindl Harald Date:April 13 2011 9:59pm
Subject:Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5
View as plain text
Am 13.04.2011 23:50, schrieb Jeff Lee:
> Hey All,
>
> Can anyone provide some guidance as to what the practical connection limits
> to MySQL 5.1/5.5 are under linux?
>
> We're running a ruby on rails application that establishes 50 to 100
> connections to our database upon startup resulting in around 1,000
> persistent db connections.

depends on how much RAM the box has
remind that every connection needs some MB for buffers

> I've been told to expect anywhere from 5 - 10x
> our current transaction volume and I'm trying to predict where we're going
> to top out.

i can not image why 1000 connections are needed in a real world application
throw away the aüülication if it does not support connection-pooling in 2011

> The servers are pretty beefy so I don't have a problem
> reserving memory for connections if that's what it takes but was more
> concerned about other problems that might be caused by having so many
> connections

even if you have enough memory why will you throw it away for a
unusual connection count instead use the RAm for innodb-buffer-pool,
query-cache, key-buffers?

Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Jeff Lee13 Apr
  • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Reindl Harald13 Apr
    • RE: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Martin Gainty14 Apr
    • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Johan De Meersman14 Apr
      • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Reindl Harald14 Apr
        • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Zhu Chao26 Apr