List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Lee Date:April 13 2011 9:50pm
Subject:Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5
View as plain text
Hey All,

Can anyone provide some guidance as to what the practical connection limits
to MySQL 5.1/5.5 are under linux?

We're running a ruby on rails application that establishes 50 to 100
connections to our database upon startup resulting in around 1,000
persistent db connections.  I've been told to expect anywhere from 5 - 10x
our current transaction volume and I'm trying to predict where we're going
to top out.  The servers are pretty beefy so I don't have a problem
reserving memory for connections if that's what it takes but was more
concerned about other problems that might be caused by having so many
connections.

I have started looking at doing connection concentration using MySQL Proxy
Funnel but it doesn't look like it's been updated in a while so I'm not sure
how far I'll get.

Thanks

Thread
Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Jeff Lee13 Apr
  • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Reindl Harald13 Apr
    • RE: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Martin Gainty14 Apr
    • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Johan De Meersman14 Apr
      • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Reindl Harald14 Apr
        • Re: Practical connection limits MySQL 5.1/5.5Zhu Chao26 Apr