List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:petya Date:April 7 2011 6:06am
Subject:Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemma
View as plain text
Hi,

You can always create any table from procedures. However, it seems to me
that flexviews can solve all of your problems, take a look at it. It
will provide you incrementally refreshable materialized views.

Peter Boros

On 04/05/2011 08:15 PM, Bgs wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem here and looking for a solution.
>
> I have a temporary table which is a smaller table generated from a
> rather big one. The full table is too big to make real gimmicks on it,
> so I do need the temp table. Later I need to do several queries on the
> temp table.
>
> So my initial setup and needs are:
> - temporary table to work from
> - result sets derived from parametric queries
>
> - mysql views cannot work from temporary tables so I have to drop a
> view+select/where approach.
> - functions cannot return result sets
> - procedures can do everything but I found no way to handle the result
> set within mysql (officially not supported)
>
> Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Bgs

Thread
temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmaBgs5 Apr
  • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmahsv6 Apr
    • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmaBgs7 Apr
  • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmapetya7 Apr
    • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmaBgs7 Apr