List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(S Date:April 6 2011 7:13pm
Subject:Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemma
View as plain text
>>>> 2011/04/05 20:15 +0200, Bgs >>>>
I have a temporary table which is a smaller table generated from a rather big one. The
full table is too big to make real gimmicks on it, so I do need the temp table. Later I
do several queries on the temp table.

So my initial setup and needs are:
 - temporary table to work from
 - result sets derived from parametric queries

- mysql views cannot work from temporary tables so I have to drop a view+select/where
approach.
- functions cannot return result sets
- procedures can do everything but I found no way to handle the result set within mysql
(officially not supported)

Any ideas how to solve this?
<<<<<<<<
Why not fake the temporariness, by DROPping the table as needful?

Thread
temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmaBgs5 Apr
  • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmahsv6 Apr
    • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmaBgs7 Apr
  • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmapetya7 Apr
    • Re: temp table and view/function/procedure dilemmaBgs7 Apr