>>>> 2011/04/05 20:15 +0200, Bgs >>>>
I have a temporary table which is a smaller table generated from a rather big one. The
full table is too big to make real gimmicks on it, so I do need the temp table. Later I do
several queries on the temp table.
So my initial setup and needs are:
- temporary table to work from
- result sets derived from parametric queries
- mysql views cannot work from temporary tables so I have to drop a view+select/where
- functions cannot return result sets
- procedures can do everything but I found no way to handle the result set within mysql
(officially not supported)
Any ideas how to solve this?
Why not fake the temporariness, by DROPping the table as needful?