List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:April 1 2011 11:32am
Subject:Re: mysql-5.0.67-sol10-x86-local Bug
View as plain text
Hi!

Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 01.04.2011 04:28, schrieb Thomas Dineen:
>> Gentle People:
>>
>> Using the following startup command: /etc/init.d/mysql.server start
>> I get the following error:
>> 110331 18:49:41 [ERROR] /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file:
> './mysql/host.frm' (errno: 13)
>
>> 1) Where do I find or how do I create the file host.frm
>
> in a backup since your machine crashed

That file may still exist on your machine, you should first check what
"errno 13" means:

joerg:~$ fgrep 13 /usr/include/asm-generic/errno-base.h
#define EACCES          13      /* Permission denied */

>> 2) What is the proper location (Full path please) for host.frm
>
> in your datadir in the subfolder mysql
>
>> 3) It would be easier to debug this if your error messages included the full
> path!
>> not something like ./ which provides no help in identifing where a file is
> required
>
> it is a totally clear path because it depends on your
> configuration / distribution where your mysql-datadir
> is and ./folder/ is always the database-name

In addition to what Harald wrote:
The MySQL server is using this relative path to access the file, not an
absolute one. Translating the relative path to an absolute one just in
the error message would make analysis even more complicated (and
introduce a chance of pssible errors).

> Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host' doesn't exist
> is full qualified database.table

Joerg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bruehe@stripped
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin