List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John G. Heim Date:March 30 2011 1:09pm
Subject:Re: getting procedure code via mysqldump
View as plain text
From: "Claudio Nanni" <claudio.nanni@stripped>
To: "Shawn Green (MySQL)" <shawn.l.green@stripped>
Cc: "John G. Heim" <jheim@stripped>; <mysql@stripped    m>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 2:01 AM

> In case you use a linux or unix system, to strip off the comments in linux
> bash is very easy, you can use this simple bash command:
>
> grep -v "^/\*" yourdumpfile.sql > yourdumpfilewithoutcomments.sql

That didn't work because there are comments embedded in the line that
creates the procedure. For example:

/*!50003 CREATE*/ /*!50020 DEFINER=`root`@`localhost`*/ /*!50003 PROCEDURE
`TIMETABLE_SYNC`()

That's all one line. It will probably wrap in my  message. But the line
begins with a /* so its removed by your grep command.

Thread
getting procedure code via mysqldumpJohn G. Heim30 Mar
  • Re: getting procedure code via mysqldumpClaudio Nanni30 Mar
  • Re: getting procedure code via mysqldumpMySQL)30 Mar
    • Re: getting procedure code via mysqldumpClaudio Nanni30 Mar
      • Re: getting procedure code via mysqldumpJohan De Meersman30 Mar
  • Re: getting procedure code via mysqldumpJohn G. Heim30 Mar
    • Re: getting procedure code via mysqldumpJoerg Bruehe30 Mar