List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:March 22 2011 11:12am
Subject:Mysql Clustering Vs Scalr
View as plain text
Dear all,

I researched on a link that describes that Mysql to use with scalr for
fault-tolerance and high availability.

http://scottmartin.net/2009/07/11/creating-a-virtual-datacenter-with-scalr-and-amazon-web-services/

Is it mandatory to use Scalr in our Mysql Production Servers.

What are the limitations that we faced if we don't use Scalr for
auto-scaling . I think mysql -Clustering Provides HA Cluster and is
sufficient to handle PB's of storage.

Steps that I folow:

1. We use Mysql Replication for having day to day backups of our
Production Database Servers despite it doesn't provide HA and fault
tolerance behaviour i.e if Master fails , it takes time to switch to
Replicated Node and act as Master.

2. Mysql Clustering handled this limitation well.

But I need points to understand for Scalr usage  and if it is not
worthful, points to reject it.

Thanks & best regards,
Adarsh Sharma

Thread
Mysql Clustering Vs ScalrAdarsh Sharma22 Mar
  • Re: Mysql Clustering Vs ScalrWalter Heck22 Mar