List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:March 17 2011 5:24pm
Subject:Re: Need help with query
View as plain text
 > What I need is a list of orgs they bought all of items 34, 36, 58,
63. every of them.

Some solutions under "What else did buyers of X buy" at
http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/queries.php.

PB

---

On 3/17/2011 12:00 PM, LAMP wrote:
> [...]
> 38        5
> 38        13
> 58        2607
> 58        2607
> 58        7295
> 58        1649
> 58        7295
> 58        1520
> 63        2607
> 63        2607
> 63        8871
> 63        7295
> 63        1520
> 65        15
> 65        20
> 95        1520
> 95        1520
> 95        7295
> 98        1520
> 98        7295
>

> select org_id from orders where item_id in (34. 36. 58. 63) will give
> me a result
>
> 5
> 13
> 15
> 28
> 1520
> 1649
> 2607
> 7295
> 8871
> 8934
>
> This is the list of ALL orgs they bought ANY of items (34. 36. 58.
> 63). Agree?
>
> What I need is a list of orgs they bought all of items 34, 36, 58, 63.
> every of them. Result should be only orgs 2607 and 1520.
>
> I hope it's more clear now.
>

> On Mar 15, 2011, at 10:47 PM, Rhino wrote:
>

>> Your original question said: "Need to select all (distinct) org_id
>> they have item_id 34, 36, 58 and 63. All of them, not only some of
>> them. "
>>
>> That's the question I answered with my suggested query.
>>
>> It sounds like that is not what you meant after all but I'm not sure
>> what you DO want with your query. Why are 2607 and 1520 the only
>> right answers?
>
> Because they are. I look at the database and "manually" found the
> result I have to get. What's wrong with my statement?
>
>> Based on your own query, it looks like you only want an org_id for
>> item_ids 34, 36, 58, and 63 if there are exactly 4 occurrences of
>> that org_id amongst the desired item_ids
>
> actually, there is mistake in my query, it should say "having
> count(org_id) >= 4"
> and, yes, that's what I want. I can get the correct list using the
> query I posted but I was hoping there is BETTER way.
>
>> but that wasn't in your statement of the problem. So please clarify
>> EXACTLY what you want. Giving an incomplete or contradictory
>> description of you want only wastes both your time and mine.
>
> As I stated earlier, English is not my first language and I was trying
> to do my best. Sorry for confusing you.
>

>> --
>> Rhino

>>> your query will give me every org_id that has ANY of item_id., I
>>> need org_id that has ALL of item_id. right?
>>> 1520
>>> 8934
>>> 7295
>>> 1649
>>> 8871

Thread
Updating Sql Server DB from MySqlAmador Antonio Cuenca18 Feb
  • Need help with queryLAMP15 Mar
    • Re: Need help with queryhsv23 Mar
Re: Need help with queryLAMP16 Mar
Re: Need help with queryLAMP17 Mar
  • Re: Need help with queryPeter Brawley17 Mar
    • Re: Need help with queryLAMP17 Mar
  • Re: Need help with queryRoy Lyseng19 Mar
Re: Need help with queryLAMP18 Mar
  • Re: Need help with queryhsv18 Mar