List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brent Clark Date:March 16 2011 7:36am
Subject:mysql binlog format
View as plain text
Hiya

I run master - master replication for my MySQL replication setup.

Ive just upgraded to Mysql 5.1 and as a result im seeing the following
in my syslog.

  'Statement may not be safe to log'

Ive been reading up on the following.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-sbr-rbr.html

http://www.slideshare.net/ligaya/mysql-51-replication
(See from slide 12.)

The question I would like to ask is. Is it safe to just change the
binlog format? Or is a preprocedure that needs to first be exercised.
With the above warning, is this something I can ignore, or is there a
serious matter (silly question I know, but I felt I needed to ask it).
After reading the above urls, im still stuck as to which binlog format
to use. Im leaning toward mixed, but the part of its still testing is a
little nerving.
And then lastly, if the change is made, and something goes wrong. Is
there a role back procedure, or can I just change the binlog format back
to STATEMENT.

If anyone can help me understand this, it would greatly be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark
Thread
mysql binlog formatBrent Clark16 Mar
  • Re: mysql binlog formatJohan De Meersman16 Mar