List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:March 15 2011 3:47pm
Subject:Re: Backup Policy
View as plain text
xtrabackup, mysqlhotcopy for myisam, incremental backup using zamanda.

Krishna

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM, petya <petya@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What storage engine are you using?
>
> Peter Boros
>
> On 03/15/2011 02:12 PM, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Taking Backup is must needed task in Database Servers. I research a lot
>> and find techniques to perform it in Mysql.
>>
>> We have options RAID, mylvmbackup , mysqldump. But it depends on the
>> company requirement too.
>>
>> We have a database of more than 250GB in mysql database & which is
>> increasing day by day. Currently I am using mysqldump utility of MySQL
>> I perform a full backup about 28 days ago. But is there any mechanism or
>> script to backup only the incremental backups on weekly or daily bases.
>>
>> Data is inserted in separate tables in separate databases. We cann't
>> afford to have some proprietary solution.
>>

>> Any suggestions will always Welcome.
>>

>> Thanks & best Regards,
>>
>> Adarsh Sharma

Backup PolicyAdarsh Sharma15 Mar
  • Re: Backup Policypetya15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Mar
      • Re: Backup PolicyJohan De Meersman15 Mar
  • Re: Backup Policya.smith15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyKaren Abgarian16 Mar
  • Re: Backup PolicyJoerg Bruehe15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyWm Mussatto15 Mar