List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:petya Date:March 15 2011 3:39pm
Subject:Re: Backup Policy
View as plain text
Hi,

What storage engine are you using?

Peter Boros

On 03/15/2011 02:12 PM, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Taking Backup is must needed task in Database Servers. I research a lot
> and find techniques to perform it in Mysql.
>
> We have options RAID, mylvmbackup , mysqldump. But it depends on the
> company requirement too.
>
> We have a database of more than 250GB in mysql database & which is
> increasing day by day. Currently I am using mysqldump utility of MySQL
> I perform a full backup about 28 days ago. But is there any mechanism or
> script to backup only the incremental backups on weekly or daily bases.
>
> Data is inserted in separate tables in separate databases. We cann't
> afford to have some proprietary solution.
>

> Any suggestions will always Welcome.
>

> Thanks & best Regards,
>
> Adarsh Sharma

Thread
Backup PolicyAdarsh Sharma15 Mar
  • Re: Backup Policypetya15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Mar
      • Re: Backup PolicyJohan De Meersman15 Mar
  • Re: Backup Policya.smith15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyKaren Abgarian16 Mar
  • Re: Backup PolicyJoerg Bruehe15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyWm Mussatto15 Mar