List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(S Date:March 15 2011 12:52am
Subject:Re: "IF"
View as plain text
I'm afraid I'm not authoritative on this, but it seems to me that it would be very very
bad if the third, unused expression were to be evaluated - not only from a performance
point of view, but who is to say that that expression is not a user-defined function that
modifies the database ?
<<<<<<<<
Yes, but Access s "IIF", of the same use, evaluates all three, and the documentation
explicitly says so. MySQL s, that I have seen, says neither. Assuming the worst is safer,
and then one uses CASE ..., but if not, ....

Thread
"IF"hsv14 Mar
  • Re: "IF"Johan De Meersman14 Mar
    • Re: "IF"hsv15 Mar