List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:March 15 2011 1:12pm
Subject:Backup Policy
View as plain text
Dear all,

Taking Backup is must needed task in Database Servers. I research a lot
and find techniques to perform it in Mysql.

We have options RAID, mylvmbackup , mysqldump. But it depends on the
company requirement too.

We have a database of more than 250GB in mysql database & which is
increasing day by day. Currently I am using mysqldump utility of MySQL
I perform a full backup about 28 days ago. But is there any mechanism or
script to backup only the incremental backups on weekly or daily bases.

Data is inserted in separate tables in separate databases. We cann't
afford to have some proprietary solution.

Any suggestions will always Welcome.

Thanks & best Regards,

Adarsh Sharma
Thread
Backup PolicyAdarsh Sharma15 Mar
  • Re: Backup Policypetya15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyKrishna Chandra Prajapati15 Mar
      • Re: Backup PolicyJohan De Meersman15 Mar
  • Re: Backup Policya.smith15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyKaren Abgarian16 Mar
  • Re: Backup PolicyJoerg Bruehe15 Mar
    • Re: Backup PolicyWm Mussatto15 Mar