List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:March 15 2011 9:28am
Subject:Re: Script to mail output of select query
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
> From: "Adarsh Sharma" <adarsh.sharma@stripped>
>
> Please check the attachment for the script & output.

Thanks for your password :-)

> Now I just want to mail the output of my script to some persons
> e-mail-ID

Assuming you run this from crontab, just set MAILTO=person@stripped right before the
script execution line.

> Also, I want to do some calculations and provide the information of
> how much increase data after 1 day daily.

Uhh. Munin? Cacti? Output CSV-formatted data and append to a file, then process using a
spreadsheet? Insert the data into a table in your DB and play with that? Plenty of ways
to do that, all depends on what you want and need. The key is that you're going to have
to keep historical data for that somewhere.

Strictly speaking, also not on topic here :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn