List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:December 30 1999 2:39pm
Subject:Re: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul DuBois <paul@stripped> writes:

Paul> At 12:54 AM +0200 1999-12-30, Michael Widenius wrote:
>> Hi!

Paul> Actually, this does look incorrect to me, too.  Should the filename
Paul> in the LOAD DATA statement be just "data.txt" without a leading dot?

>> What do you mean?  I think the explanation isn't that bad...
>>
>> The server starts by doing a 'cd' to the mysql data directory.  Any
>> file name, without a path, will automaticly get the current threads
>> data directory before the name. In other words, assuming you have the
>> following files:

<cut>

Paul> The explanation is fine, it's just that the example is incorrect, because
Paul> it's supposed to illustrate that even though the file is being read into
Paul> a table explicitly named as being in db2, the file is read from the data
Paul> directory for db1.  At least that's the intent.  The filename in the
Paul> example, however ("./data.txt") will be read from the server's data
Paul> directory.  I think I'll change the last sentence of the narrative
Paul> before the example to make it clearer what the intent of the example
Paul> is, and fix the example so that it illustrates the intent better.

Ouch, missed the example with db1 and db2;  I just concentrated on the
previous paragraph :)

Regards,
Monty

Paul> At 4:43 PM +0200 1999-12-29, <sinisa@stripped> wrote:

> read

> instead.)
Thread
Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.James Lyon29 Dec
  • Re: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.sinisa29 Dec
    • Re: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.Paul DuBois29 Dec
      • Re: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.Michael Widenius30 Dec
        • Re: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.Paul DuBois30 Dec
          • Re: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.Michael Widenius30 Dec
  • Re: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.James Lyon30 Dec
    • RE: Tiny typo in doc's. Maybe.John Zook30 Dec