List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:jo01_je02 Date:March 11 2011 11:43pm
Subject:Can other mysql-using progs interefere with config?
View as plain text
Adobe's Photoshop and Bridge also reside on my WinXP
machine.  Could they be the cause of failure to config?
During the config process I see a msg that "other" progs
are using port 3306.  Then the config stops--announcing
that mysqld has a problem.  Details are:
szAppName : mysqld.exe     szAppVer : 5.5.9.0
szModName : mysqld.exe szModVer : 5.5.9.0     offset :
0023d898

After countless attempts to install/config, I did notice
during the config process just now that the default name
was MySQL, and I've always let it stand.

I've tried all the tricks that could be found in the forums:
removing old mysql progs in the Control Panel, deleting
old server files, running sc delete mysql (or mysqld) and
even going into regedit to kill the mysql references there--
although it made me nervous, in view of those other
mysql-using progs.

I'd be grateful for some advice...~jess

~jess

Thread
Can other mysql-using progs interefere with config?jo01_je0212 Mar
  • Re: Can other mysql-using progs interefere with config?Luciano Furtado12 Mar
    • Re: Can other mysql-using progs interefere with config?jo01_je0212 Mar
  • Re: Can other mysql-using progs interefere with config?Luciano Furtado12 Mar