List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Geoff Galitz Date:March 11 2011 7:55am
Subject:Re: Table Records Deleted by anonymous user!
View as plain text
>> say that it is done intentionally but could not point anyone because
>> we did not enable the logging feature in MySQL.
>
> You already said it yourself: you don't have logging enabled, so that data
> is not available.
>
> If you have binary logs, you could comb through those for the delete
> statements; that'll at least give you a timeframe.

I would also go through the logs of whatever other entry vectors exist to
your database (apache, for example) for suspect looking statements or
logins.  Also I'd check the history files such as .mysql_history and "last"
on the database server to look for anything suspicious.

Is it possible there is filesystem corruption which is actually responsible?
Take the server offline and run standard diagnostics such as fsck, perhaps.

Thread
Table Records Deleted by anonymous user!Vikram A11 Mar
  • Re: Table Records Deleted by anonymous user!Johan De Meersman11 Mar
    • Re: Table Records Deleted by anonymous user!Geoff Galitz11 Mar
Re: Table Records Deleted by anonymous user!Johan De Meersman11 Mar
  • Re: Table Records Deleted by anonymous user!Vikram A11 Mar
  • Re: Table Records Deleted by anonymous user!Joerg Bruehe14 Mar