List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ed Date:March 4 2011 12:25pm
Subject:how to RE-add innoDB storage?
View as plain text
I have recently noticed I can not access a PHP application's data files,
and the errors I am getting seem to show that a recent update of the
distro (mandriva) no longer supports innodb, and this may be a reason
(if this is not some sort of "catchall" error). I would like to know how
to add innodb plugin back into my mysql, or to convert the data to a
usable format. I would be pleased with a pointer to the correct rtfd
location.

I guess wordwrap is going to mess this up;

mysql> show engines ;
+------------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| Engine     | Support | Comment                                      |
Transactions | XA   | Savepoints |
+------------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| MRG_MYISAM | YES | Collection of identical MyISAM tables | NO  | NO
| NO  |
| CSV                 | YES     | CSV storage engine    | NO   |
NO         |
| MEMORY         | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for
temporary tables | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MyISAM           | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with
great performance    | NO           | NO   | NO         |
+------------+---------+-----------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+

show plugins;
+------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
| Name       | Status | Type           | Library | License |
+------------+--------+----------------+---------+---------+
| binlog     | ACTIVE | STORAGE ENGINE | NULL    | GPL    |
| partition  | ACTIVE | STORAGE ENGINE | NULL    | GPL   |
| CSV        | ACTIVE | STORAGE ENGINE | NULL    | GPL    |
| MEMORY | ACTIVE | STORAGE ENGINE|NULL |GPL         |
| MyISAM  | ACTIVE | STORAGE ENGINE | NULL| GPL|
| MRG_MYISAM | ACTIVE | STORAGE ENGINE | NULL    | GPL     |

check table vtiger_vendor;
+----------------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------+
| Table                      | Op    | Msg_type |
Msg_text                      |
+----------------------------+-------+----------+-------------------------------+
| vtigercrm520.vtiger_vendor | check | Error    | Unknown table engine
'InnoDB' |
| vtigercrm520.vtiger_vendor | check | error    |
Corrupt                       |

Thread
how to RE-add innoDB storage?ed4 Mar
  • Re: how to RE-add innoDB storage?Joerg Bruehe4 Mar
  • RE: how to RE-add innoDB storage?Jerry Schwartz4 Mar
    • Re: how to RE-add innoDB storage?ed5 Mar
      • Re: how to RE-add innoDB storage? kinda kludgy fixed8 Mar