List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adarsh Sharma Date:March 1 2011 10:27am
Subject:Tool for shifting tables from Mysql to Postgresql
View as plain text
Dear all,

I want to convert some tables from Mysql database to Postgresql Database
in Linux Systems ( Ubuntu-10.4, CentOS ).

Can someone Please tell me tool for it that makes it easier.

I am able to done it through FW tools in Windows System but i want to
achieve it in Linux ( CentOS ) System.

I researched a lot & tried below steps :

1. mysqldump --compatible=postgresql wiki20100130 >
/hdd4-1/wiki20100130_mysql108feb22.sql

2. sed "s/\\\'/\'\'/g" wiki20100130_mysql108feb22.sql

3. bin/psql -Upostgres wiki20100130 < /hdd4-1/wiki20100130_mysql108feb22.sql

 invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe3ba27
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xee6c65
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding".
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence

I think a tool would ease that work.

Thanks & best Regards,

Adarsh Sharma
Thread
Tool for shifting tables from Mysql to PostgresqlAdarsh Sharma1 Mar
  • Re: Tool for shifting tables from Mysql to PostgresqlJaime Crespo Rinc√≥n1 Mar
  • Re: Tool for shifting tables from Mysql to PostgresqlDhaval Jaiswal1 Mar