List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Brian Chait Date:February 27 2011 8:48pm
Subject:RE: centos server's mysql version's problem
View as plain text
Just so I am clear here, you have 8 different DB servers hosting the same data that is
being accessed and potentially modified simultaneously? You may want to consider the
replication issues involved in that sort of arrangement with mysql. Aside from that, I am
currently hosting an 18gb mysql database that is passing roughly 6gb/hr without any issue
utilizing a single Dell R710 and mysql 5.0.77. Your mileage may differ based on the low
end hardware/storage that you plan to use, the number of writes and the amount of data
that you can cache in memory.