List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:(S Date:February 26 2011 1:48pm
Subject:A varying while
View as plain text
It seems to me that the while (unit of time) in time arithmetic is determined by the
written program, and that one cannot vary it. In Access this is a character string (not
that I recommend character string for this! but an enumerated type), and one can vary it:
Datediff(Interval, When, Date()). MySQL s
<file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySQL/MySQL%20Server%205.1/HELP/functions.html#function_date-sub>DATE_SUB(date,INTERVAL
expr
unit<file:///C:/Program%20Files/MySQL/MySQL%20Server%205.1/HELP/functions.html#function_date-sub>)
takes two arguments, the lattar argument contains, o, say, INTERVAL 5 MONTH, and there is
no varying "MONTH". Or is there?

Thread
A varying whilehsv26 Feb