List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:February 25 2011 9:31pm
Subject:Re: Problems Connecting with SSL
View as plain text
Hi!

Martin Gainty wrote:
> [[...]]
>
> joerg ..any thoughts on this matter??

Sorry - none.
I never dealt with the inner workings of the SSL library.

Just seeing file descriptor 2 (standard error) used for socket
operations makes me assume *very* strongly that something went wrong
well before that part:
For some (until now: unknown) reason standard error must have been
closed, so that FD 2 became available for the socket creation, and in a
MYSQL client application I don't see any reason to ever close standard
error.

I propose Tim should check the full truss output for some preceding
close(2). Hopefully, the surroundings of that call will give a hint what
went wrong.
(I hope it was caused by some write error, disk full, permission
problem, ... which Tim can fix. I of course agree such an error should
not make the program do a close(2), but it might happen nonetheless.)

That's all I can say here.

Regards,
Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bruehe@stripped
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
Problems Connecting with SSLTim Gustafson25 Feb
  • Re: Problems Connecting with SSLJoerg Bruehe25 Feb
    • Re: Problems Connecting with SSLTim Gustafson25 Feb