List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tim Gustafson Date:February 25 2011 7:30pm
Subject:Re: Problems Connecting with SSL
View as plain text
> Interesting that you can request advice from finland vs
> calling from redwood shores CA for technical advice
>
> first take a look at:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/secure-basics.html
>
> once you've determined the algorithm you will want to implement
> take a look at SSL 1,2,3 and TLS 1.0,1.1,1.2 and determine which
> protocol works best for you
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transport_Layer_Security
>
> feel free to ping me offline for implementation details

In my original post, I stated that I had SSL connections up and running on all but this
one client.  I'm intimately familiar with the inner workings of SSL and TLS, and I'm
positive that the servers are configured correctly, and that in general my clients are
all able to connect using SSL.  It's just this one client that is failing, and absent any
useful debugging information, I'm having a hard time understanding why.

As to why I didn't call Redwood Shores: I didn't realize that Oracle was in the business
of giving out free tech support.  I just e-mailed the mySQL general support list, which
is usually what I do when I need help from an Open Source software group.  :)

Tim Gustafson
Baskin School of Engineering
UC Santa Cruz
tjg@stripped
831-459-5354
Thread
Problems Connecting with SSLTim Gustafson25 Feb
  • Re: Problems Connecting with SSLJoerg Bruehe25 Feb
    • Re: Problems Connecting with SSLTim Gustafson25 Feb