List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:João Cândido de Souza Neto Date:February 24 2011 3:48pm
Subject:Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?
View as plain text
LOL

--

"mos" <mos99@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
news:6.0.0.22.2.20110224093057.044a0598@ style="color:#666">stripped...
> At 05:13 AM 2/24/2011, you wrote:
>>Use a quote around the column name or explicitly specify the column as
>>details refer to
>>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/reserved-words.html
>>
>>Thanks
>>Aveek
>
> Hmmm. Everyone has given me a great idea. I am going to change my table
> names to "Table", "Group", "Having", "Select", "Into", "Order By",
> "Update", "Delete" etc. just to confuse hackers so they won't be able to
> launch a sql injection attack against my website. The naming convention
> will drive them crazy.
>
> Mike
> (Just kidding)
>

>>On Feb 24, 2011, at 4:36 PM, Dave M G wrote:
>>
>> > MySQL users,
>> >
>> > Simple question:
>> >
>> > In one table in my database, the column was named "group".
>> >
>> > I kept getting failed query errors until I renamed the column.
>> >
>> > I've never before encountered a situation where MySQL mistook a column
>> > name for part of the query syntax.
>> >
>> > Should I never use the word "group" for column names? Seems a little
>> > silly. Is there a way to protect column names to that there is no
>> confusion?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Dave M G
>> >
>> > --

I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Dave M G24 Feb
  • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Aveek Misra24 Feb
    • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Simcha Younger24 Feb
    • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?mos24 Feb
    • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table? [SOLVED]Dave M G25 Feb
  • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?joao24 Feb
  • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Johan De Meersman24 Feb