List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:João Cândido de Souza Neto Date:February 24 2011 11:17am
Subject:Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?
View as plain text
Have you read about reserved words in MySql?

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/reserved-words.html

--

"Dave M G" <dave@stripped> escreveu na mensagem
news:4D663BA0.5090803@ style="color:#666">stripped...
> MySQL users,
>
> Simple question:
>
> In one table in my database, the column was named "group".
>
> I kept getting failed query errors until I renamed the column.
>
> I've never before encountered a situation where MySQL mistook a column
> name for part of the query syntax.
>
> Should I never use the word "group" for column names? Seems a little
> silly. Is there a way to protect column names to that there is no
> confusion?
>
> --
> Dave M G

Thread
I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Dave M G24 Feb
  • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Aveek Misra24 Feb
    • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Simcha Younger24 Feb
    • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?mos24 Feb
    • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table? [SOLVED]Dave M G25 Feb
  • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?joao24 Feb
  • Re: I can't have "group" as a column name in a table?Johan De Meersman24 Feb